Travel Made Safe
It may look a little different, but we’re still offering the same great service!
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, so does our Medicine Hat Accommodation Association (MHAA) hotel members’ safety measures and planning. As always, the safety and well-being of our guests and team members remain our highest priority. Our hotels take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
Below are some general safety precautions our members are taking. Each hotel may have slightly different measures in place, check with your hotel before you arrive to understand their safety measures.
Current Order from the Chief Medical Officer of Health
Order 40-2021 – outlines indoor masking requirements and time limits on alcohol service.
The full list of Alberta public health actions can be found here.
With limited exceptions, face masks are required at all times while attending an indoor public place, which includes businesses, in all areas where the public or employees may be present.
Exceptions relevant to hotels include:
Here are a few of the additional steps MHAA hotels have taken to protect guests and team members:
- Implementing a social distancing policy, asking guests to maintain a 2-meter distance from others.
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout the hotel.
- Contactless check-in and check-out
- Reduction of daily room housekeeping to be on request only
- Hotels with complimentary breakfasts have moved to a limited buffet, with pre-wrapped and unwrapped items.
- Reduced touch-points throughout the hotel, including the removal of non-necessary items in rooms and common areas
- Increased frequency of cleaning public areas and continue to use hospital-grade disinfectant
- Guests are asked to self-identify if they have been in contact with someone who is/may be infected or those who have traveled internationally.
- Some hotels may reduce their pool capacity, fitness room access and remove breakfast room seating or implement the Restriction Exemption Program (vaccine passport). Please check with your hotel to verify.
We know plans can change last minute, especially lately! All of our member hotels offer rates that include free cancellation. Check with your preferred hotel to see how many hours in advance you need to notify them.
Other details you might need to know:
Effective September 20, 2021 Restaurants can be open for in-person dining is they implement the Restriction Exemption Program (vaccine passport). Click here for restaurants open in Medicine Hat.
If you haven't been to Medicine Hat in a while click here for a link to updated Community Covid-19 Information.
Travel safely! We’re here for you!